It’s commonly known that kitchens and bathrooms sell homes. Making improvements to your bathroom, therefore, is one of the best ways to create value to your home if you’re considering selling in the future. Here are eight inexpensive ways to do just that:
- Paint: As is the case with any room in the house, painting is the best way to update your bathroom. Due to the room’s small space, it’s important to use a neutral color.
- Paint the vanity mirror. If nothing else needs to be painted, you might consider painting the vanity mirror to contrast the rest of the room.
- Replace the vanity mirror.
- Update the flooring. Stay away from carpet and laminate floors. If you’re going to do it yourself, there are some great products out there with vinyl flooring that are easy enough to install, but please at least consider hiring a professional for the job. Adding a rug can also accent the room well.
- Change the showerhead. If you haven’t modernized the showerhead in some time, go down to your local home improvement store and consider the variety of inexpensive options you can choose from.
- Add shelving. If there is any place to add shelving, especially if there is storage needed, don’t hesitate to do so. It’s a nice place to put colorful towels, baskets, and other accents to the room as a whole.
- Cover any problem walls. If you have areas on any wall that are showing past damage, or or just have too many white walls, find a solution for them. Even if you have to hire a contractor to come out and retexture, it will be worth it.
- Change the lighting. Much like the showerheads, you have a surplus of options in how you would like to replace and update your bathroom’s lighting fixtures. Make sure you choose the right bulbs so the light works well with however much natural light you have coming in already.
If you have any questions, or have plans to buy or sell a home in the near future, please don’t hesitate to give us a call or send an email.